
I may be the only one who thinks like this, but regarding the 4th grader who brought a “gun” to school; I do agree that it definitely went too far. I do believe the principal had every right to tell the child it wasn’t a good idea to bring it to school and take it away from him. Suspend from school? Probably not. I say this because, where do we draw the line? If the gun was a little bigger but smaller than an actual gun, would that have been ok? So some cop could mistake the gun for real and call out to the child to drop it and when the child turns around (of course pointing the gun at the cop) the cop retaliates and fires a round, killing the child instantly only to hide behind him saying “It looked real.”
What would the mother say then? Then she’d ask why the principal didn’t ban ALL guns. In this day and age of technology being what it is, guns can and do come in all shapes, sizes and materials. It’s not inconceivable for a gun to be smaller than what we know as average. As small as the toy Lego gun? No…well not yet anyway. If you want your child to play with guns, that’s on you, but don’t let he or she bring it to school. Someone has to take a stand and say “no guns period.” Yes I do think this particular situation was blown out of proportion and the media of course didn’t help but hey, maybe it’s just me.
No comments:
Post a Comment