
Can a lion and a bull share the same cage without killing each other?
As you know Tonio and I moved in together and it’s been little over a month now. We’re in the “adjustment” phase. We’ve had our bumps here and there but we’re jellin’. We (Junior included) are really settling in to this comfortable family life and things are a lot easier. I’ve noticed a change in Junior. At one time he was jealous of Tonio and now he realizes that he has a place in both our lives and he knows we both love him very much. He’s more relaxed around us and settling in. Tonio has been great also. As someone who hasn’t had a lot of experience with children, he’s assumed the role of 'parent' and stepped up to the plate and is doing a fantastic job. I notice he’s careful not to fall into the ‘buddy’ role. All too often that role can get overshadowed with misinterpretations and disaster is sure to follow. In the parent role, Tonio is able to be seen by Junior as someone in the authoritative light, but knows he means what he says and will be there for him unconditionally.
We're coming along very well. Before everyone was going their own way (myself included) we’re now moving in the same direction. We have a common goal and we’re actually learning a lot about ourselves as well. We’re understanding, respectful and mindful of everyone else. As with every family, there will be hiccups along the way, but I feel we’re on the right track to really being a great family. Communication, respect, trust, humor (a lot of it) are all thrown into the blend. Heck if it works this well, we’ll even bottle and sell it!
So I ask the question again – Can a lion and a bull share the same cage without killing each other? Absolutely. In this cage, everyone is treating as a king.
4 comments:
Oh this is lovely. I had no clue you two had 2 young boys. I thought you were talking about dogs at first. lol This is lovely and You asked the question yet you are living proof the answer! Keep it cute yall!
I think you are on your way to things even more grand than you have now. ONE UNIFIED "BULLION" FRONT!
Now answer this question,
WHO WOULD BE BRAVE ENOUGH TO STOP A BULL AND A LION CHARGING AT THEM FULL SPEED READY TO TAKE ON LIFE?
You guys give me hope and inspiration. I guess all you do need is love.
So nice when gay men take it to this level.
Thanks. It's work but it's so worth it
Post a Comment