
This song is one of my favorites by George and Ira Gershwin, made famous by Ella Fitzgerald and Louis Armstrong. As the song suggests there are two sides to every story. It starts off like this:
Things have come to a pretty pass
Our romance is growing flat,
For you like this and the other
While I go for this and that,
Goodness knows what the end will be
Oh I don't know where I'm at
It looks as if we two will never be one
Something must be done:
Then Ella and Louis go on to pronounce the same word, just slightly different
potatoe, potahtoe
tomatoe, tomahtoe
etc.
Ever have a word that when pronounced incorrectly makes your skin crawl? Watching TV last night, I overheard someone announce a date. He said "Febuary". I had to rewind to make sure I heard right..."Febuary" instead of "February"? Then I thought about it, to say it correctly (February) does seem little awkward; a tongue twister. So I figure, what the heck-it could be worse. I'll reserve my skin-crawling for other words that really irk me: "ambalamps" instead of "ambulance" or "pacific" instead of "specific"! Oh yea, I've heard people actually mispronounce these words. Needless to say I had to walk away! Febuary? Hmmm, not bad after all.
2 comments:
Dude
You got spammed on 2/20 @3:38am...
Ugh.
Post a Comment