When you're at work time seems to stand still. When you're on vacation it seems to zip by. When you're a child you can't wait to be an adult. When you're an adult you wonder where the time went.
As an adult I now see those close to me growing older and witness what time has taken from them. For them time is not a friend; but a foe. Time has crept up on them and taken their strength. Taken their memory. Time has robbed them of their inner fire; their hopes and desires.
I look at my son. So full of hope and promise and dreams. For him time is on his side. Time is his friend. He has so much to look forward to. So much to experience. So much to learn and live for.
Time is what we want it to be. Time is what it needs to be.
Time.

-- Achilles
3 comments:
Time is like a greedy investor..celebrating with us during the high-tide...and ready to enter the picture in old age to collect on the good times. I have often thought whether we can negotiate with time - guess that would mean taking care of ourselves, etc - but ultimately my thoughts turn to the belief that everything and everyone has their time.
I liked this one!!!
I realize time isn't so much to be feared. As to use it wisely. Knowing it's something that you will never get back no matter how rich you are.
Post a Comment